Email Whitelist Instructions
Since your ISP probably uses some type of spam filter we ask that you add us to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book. All also known as whitelisting.
If you do not see an email from in your inbox, due to the overzealous filtering by ISPs my email may have mistakenly been sent to your spam folder. Please open your spam folder look for it there, open it and mark it as “not spam”…
Click the link to your ISP or email client to Whitelist , from:
If you use Spam Arrest or other challenge response spam filter please whitelist .
Gmail back to top
To make sure email gets delivered to your inbox, you must add the email address to your contacts list.
- Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- Click the “Add to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
- You will now see appear under the link “Contacts” on the left side of the page.
- Click the link “Contacts” and the in the “Search Contacts” form field.
- Now you can select to move to a contact list of choice and edit any details.
Yahoo! Mail back to top
If youï¿½re not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder.
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
AOL back to top
To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- Click the “Spam Controls” link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
- When the “Mail & Spam Controls” box appears, click the “Custom sender list” link.
- Choose the “allow email from ” option.
- Add the domain or email address you would like to receive mail from, then click “Add”
- Click “Save”
AOL Web Mail back to top
If using AOL web mail replying to an email from will also work.
Email from that domain will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
Report as “Not Spam”
- – Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- – If you see the email from , highlight it and click “Not Spam”
- – This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
- Click “Options” in the top right navigation bar
- Select “Mail Options” from the list that drops down
- Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, “header” or “to”.
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as “contains”
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: from
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSN back to top
In the new Hotmail you must “Mark sender as safe” to enable hyperlinks even in text emails and images in HTML emails.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- Check the “Junk” folder if you do not see the in your inbox
- Click the “Mark as safe” link
- Add to your Safe List
Mark Sender as Safe
- Click “Show content” to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML
- Click “Mark as safe”
- will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
Manually Add to Safe List
- Click “Options” in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen
- In the Body of the page under “Junk e-mail” click the link “Safe and blocked senders”
- Click the link “Safe senders”
- Enter the email address ““
- Click “Add to list”
Outlook 2003 (or higher) back to top
Because of the various email platforms that can work with Outlook, it is tricky to tell you how to recieve all email to your Outlook inbox. We can tell you, however, how to make sure you can see all the emails you receive as they were intended to be seen – with images. If a company is not in your address book or “Safe Sender” list, your HTML images will not display.
To have HTML display correctly, users can:
- Change their automatic download settings
- Add sender to your address book
- Add your email or domain to their approved sender list
To change settings:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- Choose “Change automatic download settings” option
- When the popup comes up, uncheck the first box in the list that says “donï¿½t download pictures or other HTML content automatically
- Click “OK”
To add sender to address book:
- Open the email
- Right click on the from address
- Choose “Add to contacts” option
To add domain to safe sender list:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- Choose “Add the domain to the safe sender list” option
Earthlink back to top
If you are not receiving email at Earthlink, there are two actions you can take.
- Check “Suspect Email” folder
- Add to your address book
With Earthlink, if you have SpamBlocker turned on, suspect messages are automatically send to your Suspect Email folder if the domain is not in your address book.
Suspect Email Folder
- While in the “Suspect Email” folder, if you see …
- Select the “Move to Inbox and Add Contact” option from the pull down menu.
- This will add to your Address Book for future email delivery assurance.
Address Book Inclusion
- Open the email.
- Click “Add to Address Book” in the email header.
- Use the “Address Book Editor” to verify the sender’s contact details and click “save.”
- Fill in as the email address of the sender.
- Any mail sent with the same domain (right of the @ sign) will now be delivered to your Inbox.
AT&T back to top
- Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book.
- Click on the “Save Address” link (below) next to the “From Address.
- Check the “Add to Contacts” box (below) and click “Save.
Comcast back to top
- Click on the [Save Address] link at the top of this message (it’s next to From Address).
- For the field titled First Name, please enter
- Then click Save Entry and you’re all done.
BlackBerrys back to top
- Scroll up to the message header
- Get to the field where is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address
- Click the Berry button and then click Add to contacts
Mozilla Thunderbird back to top
- Click the Address Book button
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address and Other
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the “From” address, into the email dialogue box
- Click OK
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder contact your ISP or spam filter application support and ask how to whitelist .